Necessary Clutch Wallet by Emmaline Bags-My Review and Tips

I recently decided, with the encouragement of my Etsy customers, to offer wallets in my shop.  There are SO many excellent patterns out there, but the Necessary Clutch by Emmaline Bags really caught my attention.  Here is why...

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

First of all, it has a twist lock!  I had never put in a twist lock before, so I always love when a pattern helps me grow my repertoire (thankful for spell check on that one-LOL!).  However, you do not have to use a twist lock.  For my very first wallet I used a magnetic snap closure.

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

I'll admit, the snap is a lot less stressful to put in.  However, when I did the snap (see below) I barely had enough room to sew around it.  I must have put my snap in a little too low.

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

This yellow and gray wallet is mine and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!  It's just perfect for me and check out all the card slots.  I like that one side is for my personal cards, and the other side is for my business cards and receipts.  You cannot really tell, but there are slip pockets behind each set of card slots!
Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

Then, there is the zipper pocket, which is great for change.  The wide middle pocket is for a smart phone, which I don't have (boohoo).

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

How much fun is it to have a wallet that matches your purse?!  My customers are loving it.

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner

Necessary Clutch, Gina's Craft Corner   
So, after carrying my wallet around a a few weeks, I decided to edit two things on this wallet. 

1. I added a key ring. 
2. I made the flap a little bit longer.  

Why the key ring?  Well, when I was at the store and I wanted to just grab my wallet and leave my purse behind, I found that I had these bulky keys that would not fit into my wallet.  So, I added a key ring on a loop.  You can see it here..



Why increase the length of the flap?  Well, when I placed a smart phone in the wallet, it would not close.  I don't know that anyone else has had this problem, so it could just be an error on my part.  I think I have only added a 1/2" or so, but now when I put the smartphone in it closes perfectly.  I should mention, that the smart phone I tested out had a case on it, so that would make it harder to fit inside, but don't most people have them in cases?  I really don't know.  

So, all in all I LOVE this wallet and the pattern is, of course, written up so nicely.  Janelle always does an awesome job, so no surprise there.  You can find her pattern store here.  She also has great hardware, so make sure you browse around her site for a while before you leave.   (not being paid by Janelle, just love her store!). 

These are the four wallets I have made so far, and I'm sure there will be many more to come.  I'd love to make some up to sell for Christmas, but right now I am so slow at making this wallet.  I really need to work on my speed to make a good profit for my time.  However, if you purchase a concealed carry wallet from me, you can purchase one.  Check out my Etsy store for more information. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Gina

Comments

Popular Posts