Hobo Diaper Bag: The Sterling Owl PDF Pattern


 Ahhh...my first post for Spring!!  Even though it still does not feel like Spring where I live, it just makes me feel better somehow.  It is also so nice in the fabric stores to see all the Spring fabric arriving!  When I saw this bright and cheerful chevron material, I just had to have it for my next project....a Diaper Bag!  Well, it's not a typical diaper bag, but it is the type I always loved after we got through the "let's just take the entire baby room with us!" stage.  I made this bag for my husband's niece who is having her 1st baby in May! 






While I was searching all around the web for a quick and easy diaper bag, I came across a fantastic shop on Etsy called The Sterling Owl.  Katie is the owner of this cute little shop and she has a variety of cute bag patterns AND bags for sale.  

 This bag was very easy to assemble.  It goes together very quickly, mainly because there is no interfacing, so less cutting.  I am SO slow at cutting!  You can see that it has pockets lining the interior of one side.  I purchased some diaper wipes to make sure they fit in the pocket before I sewed it up.
I also love that this bag has side pockets on both sides.  It holds a bottle perfectly for quick acccess.

 The top of the bag as a magnetic snap for easy closure.
 On the opposite wall of the interior is a zipper pocket for your personal items.  Love zipper pockets!
 Another great feature of this bag, and any bag, are the adjustable straps.  I think it will be hard for me to not use adjustable straps on any of my bags now, because it really is easy to install.  If you have never made an adjustable strap before, don't worry.  Katie has great instructions and color picture diagrams for every step of construction.



 The flower is not part of Katie's pattern, but I just wanted to add a little something to the front of this bag.  I just love making these little frayed fabric flowers.  It was an afterthought, which means I did not sew it directly to the outer fabric before I stitched the bag together.  I ended up just adding a few stitches to attach it to the bag.  I could not add too many stitches or it would have looked real ugly on the lining side.  Hopefully my niece will not mind.  You can see the tutorial on how to make a flower like this HERE.





 I was very pleased with this bag and the pattern from The Sterling Owl.  I'm sure I will purchase more patterns from her in the future!  So, go find a cute Spring fabric and make yourself a new bag for the season!

(I am not an affiliate of The Sterling Owl.  I did not get compensated for this post at all.  I just really loved this pattern!)

My next post will be on another gift I brought to the shower!   A Strip Rag Quilt!

Blessings,
Gina




Comments

Popular Posts