Painting on Fabric: Wet-on-Wet Technique




Hi!  Thanks for visiting!  We have been trying out some painting techniques using Acrylic Paint.  If you have not seen my previous tutorial on using a Glue-Resist Technique on fabric, check it out b/c it's also a lot of fun.

This is an easy technique for kids and adults to have fun with too.  It's called Wet-on-Wet. 

MATERIALS:
*Plain White Cotton Broadcloth
*Spray bottle with water
*Acrylic paint ( Look for the cheapest you can find at a craft store or Wal-Mart)
*Paint brushes

Step 1: Grab your supplies and begin by wetting down your fabric.

 Step 2: Begin painting...

Repeat a design if you like.  If the material starts to dry out just spray on some more water.  Paint some more until you have covered the entire piece of material.  The colors will begin to blend into each other leaving a really cool design.

Step 3: Let Dry
Step 4: Wash with soap and water and then dry and iron.

THAT'S IT!!




 My 6 year old did this Masterpiece.  Isn't it lovely!?

My 4 year old painted this one.  I love it!

So take some time to paint with your kids. I promise you they will love it, and so will you!

Blessings,
Gina

This post will be linked up at these fantastic parties!

Wednesday
 Sew Much Ado
We Like to Learn as We Go
Adorned From Above 
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes 
Ginger Snap Crafts

Tuesday 6/18
We Made That




Comments

  1. Hi! I found you through your sweet comment on our blog, Domestic Bliss Squared! I just wanted to pop over and say hi, and that we're your newest followers on GFC. Love this painting technique too, so fun!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Thanks also for following!
      Blessings,
      Gina

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is a great idea! Looks beautiful! I will definitely try this one day! Thanks for sharing!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I LOVE..LOVE...LOVE...comments from you! It truly makes my day! So, leave a comment AND your webpage or social media link and I will get back with you. Thanks in advance!!
~Gina

Popular Posts